I have family from the Mainland visiting me in Hawaii this week, so I haven’t really had the time for my full kettlebells-in-the-park training. However, that doesn’t mean that I’m just taking it easy. I’ve managed to squeeze in some short bodyweight workouts here and there. Essentially, I’ve been doing modified ladders of Chin-Ups, Hindu Push-Ups, and Hindu Squats.
Here’s how it works. I start with one Chin-Up, two Hindu Push-Ups, and four Hindu Squats. As you may have noticed, the number of reps of each exercise is double the number of reps of the previous exercise. So it ends up going like this…
- Chin-Ups: 1, Hindu Push-Ups: 2, Hindu Squats: 4
- Chin-Ups: 2, Hindu Push-Ups: 4, Hindu Squats: 8
- Chin-Ups: 3, Hindu Push-Ups: 6, Hindu Squats: 12
- Chin-Ups: 4, Hindu Push-Ups: 8, Hindu Squats: 16
- Chin-Ups: 5, Hindu Push-Ups: 10, Hindu Squats: 20
After the 5-10-20 set, I’d drop back down to 1-2-4 and work my way back up. It’s a pretty short workout but you get lots of reps in while still having energy to do what you need to do… such as entertaining visiting relatives.